Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year's Eve (Reunion Lunch)

Chinese New Year's Eve

I think that I woke up quite early today, which meant that everyone else hardly had any sleep? From what I recalled, I went to bed at around 12.30am with Callum, Valen and my mom. When I woke up, the time was around 7.45am. Only my brothers and I were in bed =.=

Breakfast in Segamat is a thing that we all look foward to. Yes, THOSAI CHEEEESEEEE (Nicholas you drooling now?) and ROTI PISANG. Uncle Cheng, Callum, Valen and I went to the mamak shop by car (it was still drizzling a little) while Aunty Lilian and my mom came later by foot when the rain stopped.

Valen ate half a thosai cheese, and Uncle Cheng took over the other half. Angie joined us for breakfast too, and ate 1 thosai cheese. Uncle Cheng ate 2 thosai pisang. Callum ate 2 thosai cheese, and I ate 2 thosai pisang. It was super wonderful. Here are some pictures to get you all drooling. Hehe...


Thosai Cheese champion eater - Callum the non magnificent.


Whoa!


Yes he can finish it all actually, but he only ate half a piece.


Aunty Lilian and my mom sitting at another table.


Uncle Cheng and Valen


Angie arrives.


This is my breakfast *grins*


I bet he's enjoying it yeah? *Smirks* (Nicholas you done drooling?)

We went home after the meal and started preparing for the Reunion lunch, featuring our professional chefs - grandma, Yvonne and Lilian. And while this was all happening, Uncle Cheng, Angie, Callum and I found a deck of cards to play with.


Playing cards with Angie, Uncle Cheng, and Callum.


Look at them wow. From left to right, Gameboy Advanced SP, Blackberry 9000, Gameboy Advanced.


Ah gong's laptop


If only he had that much hair yea? Taken with my handphone camera.


Uncle Cheng uses Bear Hug! Valen is trapped!


FOOD!!!

I have no pictures of the feast since I was wolfing down on my lunch as well. This year we had noodles instead of usual rice. The major dishes are as usual, steamed fish with tomato sauce, my favourite eggs and pork, and some other stuff.

Tomorrow I shall upload some of the tea giving ceremony photos. Before I go off, I would like to wish everyone Gong Xi Fa Chai!

0 comments: