Friday, June 5, 2009

Asiasoft Gamefest 2009 @ 1 Utama

Yesh, today is the annual Asiasoft Gamefest 2009, and for the first time I went to such a great event with Andrew, Christopher, Kar Hoong and Seng Wai. We went to the Gamefest since we played 2 major games from the company : Maple and Cabal. Knowing that we will get lots of freebies from the event, we decided on going there without hesitation.

I left my house at 11am, and went to pick up Andrew and Christopher first. But they were still showering =.= So I went to pick up Kar Hoong and then went back for the twins. By the time we reached there, it was already 11.40 and Seng Wai was already at the scene. There were lots of computers there, nearly 90. We wasted no time and I went to the redemption counter to exchange my used cash cards for goodies. I managed to trade:
MapleStory mousepad
MapleStory pen
MapleStory PC Decal x5 (2 for me, 2 for Kar Hoong, 1 for Seng Wai)
Cabal mousepad
Cabal T Shirt
Cabal Lanyard

The event started with Cosplay characters going on stage, followed by a Q & A session with some prizes to be won. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to answer anything, and none of us won the lucky draw contest lol.











Later, we went for lunch and came back again to play on some of the computers, although there were only 2 for Maple and 2 for Cabal. Andrew and Christopher were at an unknown location at that time, while Seng Wai and Kar Hoong were playing Cabal on the 2 computers. Below is a video of Seng Wai, challenging Zhen Yu to a duel (Zhen Yu you sarks). The one holding 2 blades is Zhen Yu.




Seng Wai playing his Force Blader.


Kar Hoong playing his Force Archer.

I saw that the time was almost 3pm, so I registered for the Cabal Combo Challenge, since I had nothing to do. Kar Hoong entered with me, and soon we were being ushered to the computers, and we logged in our characters and started warming up. I didn't get to know my competitors, but to my left was a Lv150 Force Blader, Kar Hoong was to my right, and to his right was a Lv130 Wizard. There was also a Force Shielder behind me. We started to warm up at the training dummies, and it was then time to show off. I managed to get 15 combos for my highest, screw it! Kar Hoong got 14 max. Later the scores were compared, and there was not many people so it only took awhile.

The first place was 16 combos, made by someone in a bandana o.o dunno his char lv and job. There was a tie between me and the Lv130 wizard, both of us managed 15 combos. So we had to go through a tiebreaker. We played rock paper scissors, and he went first. He got a total of 12 combos, and it was then my turn. But I got 12 combos too =.= So he had to try again. 12 combos again, and then I got 13 wahahahaha. So I was 2nd place, and Kar Hoong was actually the 4th. He could not believe it lol.


That's me (green shirt) and Kar Hoong (Striped shirt) at the Cabal Combo Competition.


Official sign for Asiasoft Gamefest 2009.


Verifying Asiasoft Account for a free Pink Bean set outfit.

Later Andrew and Christopher joined us and we continued to play Maple xP And then my name was called and I went on stage to receive 2nd prize lol x.x I got another bag of Cabal goodies, wow I thought. Later I verified my Asiasoft Account for a full Pink Bean outfit set. ALL THEESE FOR FREE LOL! And we bumped into some mushroom house on the way out o.o


The mushroom house.


Interior of the mushroom house lolz @.@


To the dungeon (Perion Dungeon Entrance)


Omg you can't do that f3

Here are the things I got, ALL FREE!

The bag on the left is the normal freebies I got, the bag on the right is a prize for getting 2nd place in the Cabal Combo Competition.


The goodies inside :)


Cabal map, nice eh?


The poster I won.


Cool mousepad.


A model of a Force Core High, used as a paperweight.

It was undoubtedly one of the best events of the year.

0 comments: