Monday, April 4, 2011

Rising from the Depths of Char

Omg. HELLO FELLAS. I am actually updating my blog in like... *counting* 5 months or so.
It has been a crazy crazy long time since I've updated my blog. And suddenly I feel like I have so much things to write about but I guess it'll slip my mind sooner or later =/

Anyways, about my 'academic' life, I'm currently in my 3rd semester at Taylor's University Lakeside Campus. Just so you didn't know, ADP got moved to the Lakeside Campus and I must say I'm quite satisfied with everything they have to offer so far, EXCEPT the food pricing. Although it is understandable that the cafeteria has to charge higher prices due to the rent and stuff. And its such a nice place. And most people would think that Taylor's is a place for rich kids to study so there shouldn't be a problem.... right? WRONG >.> Freaking stereotypes...

Moving on... The classrooms are. Freaking. Cold. At certain points of time of course. At first we couldn't figure out how to make the temperature warmer, but then we realized the existence of a thermostat (LOL), courtesy of my calculus lecturer Mr Phang. AND SPEAKING OF CALCULUS, I THINK IS JUST F***KING SCREWED HIS TEST TODAY -_- The average score of the class was a 2.2 out of 6. Now that is just screwed. Seriously screwed if you ask me.

I am finally taking Biology this semester (I know its kinda late to mention since the semester is finishing in a few weeks time but its related to my major and its my fav sub :D) and I must say I have never been as interested as I was in high school. All these new concepts and theories just sorta interests me, and I can read the textbook on and on (and not remembering what I read afterwards LOL). Bios logos, certainly the study of life.

The other two subjects I am taking are American Government and Malaysian Studies (screw this bigtime). Out of my expectations, both subjects are actually quite similar, just that one talks about American politics while the other is mainly about, duh, Malaysia. Malaysian Studies, is hella boring. My gosh, I wonder how I go through his classes sometimes. Sorry Mr. Izwan =/ As for American Government, I guess its slowly opening my eyes and thoughts in the political world. Ah well, maturity has its ways of manifestation xD

And now for the entertainment part of my life, my Simplez gang (consisting of Nick, Seng Wai, Kar Hoong, and occasionally Zhen Yu) would meet up every Saturday for a game of badminton and most of the time, have dinner together. This is definitely a wonderful past time to have. You meet up with friends, catch up with them, have a nice talk about what happened during the week, and of course reminisce about high school times. You just gotta miss high school at some point in life.
I've also have multiple gangs in college now. During my first and second semesters, I was very much frequently seen hanging out with my one and only original gang consisting of On Tao, Tina, Shin Lin and Teng Hooi. The gang that meets during orientation usually progresses to become a very close friendship throughout the college years. As time moved on I began to get acquainted with more and more people, and it wasn't long before I mixed in with others like Shahriman, Yunie, Mesyaira, Vivek, Yin Ling, Thilagan etc etc.

And now in Lakeside campus, I most frequently mix around with Justin (both Chua and Yeo-ber xD), Alexander HALL, Vince and Mike. Our main interests revolve around StarCraft II, and more recently, MapleSEA (Fornax world). Now that I've mentioned those, its time to move on to my 'profession' so to speak, in the gaming world.

As you might have noticed, yes, I have bought the ORIGINAL StarCraft II, and I have now got a valid battle.net Sc2 account to play from. I'm not a hardcore Sc2 gamer, but I can say that I have quite a bit of knowledge about the game and I do play from time to time with Mike, Justin Chua, Vince and Alex. Sometimes just any two of us can party up and start searching for matches. And recently before Season 1 just ended, Justin and I managed to get placed in the PLATINUM league for the 2v2 matchups, which was a VERY unexpected surprise. I realized that I was better in team play matches such as 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 but when it comes to 1v1 I kinda suck alot, mainly because I couldn't really focus on so many things at a particular time. And at times, I may even forget to execute vital steps like teching up or researching upgrades, and I rarely scout which is actually my worst bad habit.

Maple-wise, I've decided to open up a new character in Fornax to join my college buds, and its also gonna be a Fighter since I'm more proficient with melee classes (especially Hero), so why not? And if you guys want to play, just add 'SerenityLake' in Fornax xD. To my surprise I could actually get from Lv1~Lv30 in 7 hours without 2x (inclusive of 1 hour dinner time). I do go on my Bootes Hero (ZeroEnergy) from time to time but I won't really be playing it, at least until Big Bang patch has arrived. Stay tuned folks! Big Bang will reach the boundaries of SEA on 18th of May! The only thing I hate about this is that it is released SO LATE! It's released 2 days after my semester break ends (16th). Darn it all. Well that could mean that I can focus more on StarCraft II or Cabal.

Which brings me to my next game, Cabal. I have not been really active in Cabal recently. To be honest, there is nothing much left for me to do especially with all the time constraints. My Warrior, having just average equips, is definitely not really in the shape to go to war and compete with all those overfunded mith amp users. I use it mainly for dungeoning purposes now since dungeons are nerfed, I can just go with two other friends. I have accidentally leveled my FS to 110 for some goddamn reason, and now I can't participate in the 109 tier war anymore. Sigh. I'll just have to settle for 139, and before that I have to get to at least Lv135 as well to be more effecient. Make that the same case for my FB as well (Lv12x). Great, more grinding. I trained up a FA to Lv105 and to my disappointment, it did not performed as good as I had expected. FA is surprisingly more fragile in war than I had anticipated, though damage-wise it was still satisfactory. From that one war, I have realized that my ability to maneuver the FA around was very, handicapped-like. I guess I was born to play melee classes, not magic classes. The flexibility that I always had when playing a WA,FS,FB, or BL, I could not perform it on my FA, and I guess that led to my downfall in that particular war. I wanted to create a new WA (yes, another one) for Procyon 109 tier war so I tried to delete my Blader but apparently now you cannot delete characters that are above Lv100 (my Blader is 126) unless you send in a report via iBox and do some verification. This just pisses me off. I'll just stick with CynthiaCarnage (107 cap WA) then ~_~

Hrmm.... Well finals are coming in around three weeks time. Not much time left, gotta start bucking and gearing up before it actually hits. And for now I still have a Malaysian studies presentation (tomorrow), a Biology test, a Biology Presentation and an American Government mid term exam to cover. All of these in this month of April, before finals (25th). So April is kind of like an unlucky month for me now. So yeah, I guess I'll be going off now.

And for the record, Rebecca Black has made me officially hate Fridays for some odd reason. Maybe because its Fried Egg now? You decide.

0 comments: