Friday, August 6, 2010

End of First Semester

Today's the first day of my holidays (well, the last day for final exams but I have no paper). I suppose that college life is considerably quite different compared to high school life, especially since ADP follows the American system of studying. The way they evaluate your performance is different as well (but screw the passing mark of 70% ==).

One of the best things about studying at Taylors is definitely the library and the Mezzanine floor. Well air-conditioned, free computer to use (unbelievably slow though) with internet access and a discussion room. The Mezzanine floor has computers to use too, but it also contains a ping pong table, a small gym and a nice LCD TV that just got added recently. I just go to either places whenever I'm bored.


Some random book I found at MPH bookstore.


Why do they?

Another thing to really talk about is the food. Since I started college, I've been to many of the nearby food outlets and I must say some of them have really good food and I enjoy going there over and over again for lunch :D And well, I guess I'm gonna make a small review.

The Pl@ce Cafe
Whenever I come here, I eat nothing else besides Garlic fried rice and chicken popcorn. Cheap price, clean place, comfortable environment. One of the best outlets in the area.

Pontian Wanton Mee
Best wanton mee you can find in the area. The fried wanton is delicious as well.

Noodle Station
Been here only once, but the drinks are superb, not to mention a clean and cooling environment.

Cassian Kitchen
The mushroom soup here is definitely worth the money, and the fried rice gets two thumbs up from me.

0 comments: